Choosing the Best AC for Your Home
When choosing the best AC for your home, you’ll find that there are several different options to choose from. The best choice will depend on personal preferences, which typically break down to budget, energy consumption, space requirements, and overall cooling power.
AAA Calvert is here to help, offering installation, repair, and maintenance services on all of the different air conditioning options you might decide on. So, here’s a closer look at the pros and cons of some of the most popular cooling options out there.
Standard Split System
Large homes that require cooling in multiple rooms will typically opt for a central AC unit that uses a split system to regulate air through the ducts in your home.
- Cools and regulates temperatures around the home in minimal time
- Reduced humidity in the home
- It consumes a lot of energy, increasing energy bills
- May lose efficiency over time due to issues in the ducts
- Unattractive outdoor units
Window AC systems are effective ways to cool single rooms or small areas. They come in many sizes but are not recommended for cooling a large home.
- Less costly to install and operate
- Easy to install and maintain
- Noisy operation
- Obstruct the view from the window
- Not supported by all windows
Portable AC units are similar to window systems but allow more freedom in that you can quickly move them to other rooms and stow them away when not in use.
- Easy to set up
- It can be moved around the home easily
- No permanent installation required
- Store away when not in use
- Loud operation
- Usually not able to handle ample cooling compared to traditional split systems.
- Easily installed with no ductwork necessary
- Control temperatures in individual rooms
- Single unit not enough to cool an entire home
- Indoor units are visible and may be intrusive
Which Air Conditioning Unit is Best for Your Home?
When it comes to choosing the best AC for your home, the experts at AAA Calvert are here to assist you. Our HVAC experts can help you pinpoint any issues, identify the proper course of action, and implement these services to meet your needs. Call us at 562-429-1546 to request a quote today.