Getting Your Heater Ready for Fall with AAA Calvert
As the summer warmth fades and the crisp fall air settles in, it’s time to consider your home’s heating system. I want you to know that making sure your heater is in top condition before the cold hits is crucial for a comfortable and cozy autumn and winter.
AAA Calvert, a trusted name in heating and AC repair in Long Beach, CA, offers expert tips to get your heater fall-ready.
1. Schedule a Professional Inspection
- Expertise Matters: AAA Calvert’s team, with over 50 years of experience, recommends starting the season with a professional inspection. This ensures that any wear and tear from the previous winter is addressed.
- Safety First: A thorough inspection can identify potential safety hazards like carbon monoxide leaks.
2. Replace or Clean Filters
- Enhanced Airflow: Clean filters ensure optimal airflow, making your heating system work more efficiently.
- Improved Air Quality: Regularly changing or cleaning the filters can significantly improve indoor air quality by trapping dust, pollen, and other airborne contaminants.
3. Check the Thermostat
- Upgrade to Smart: Consider upgrading to a smart thermostat. It allows for more precise temperature control and even saves on energy bills.
- Test the System: Set the thermostat to heat mode and increase the temperature slightly above the current room temperature to ensure it kicks on without issues.
4. Clear Vents and Registers
- Unblock Obstructions: Ensure that furniture, curtains, or rugs aren’t blocking any vents. This ensures efficient heat distribution throughout your home.
- Clean the Vents: Dust and vacuum vents and registers to prevent the circulation of dust when the heater is on.
5. Inspect the Pilot Light
For those with gas heating systems:
- Blue Flame: The pilot light should produce a clear blue flame. If the flame is yellow or orange, it might indicate a problem that needs professional attention.
6. Test Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Safety Precaution: Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. Ensure your detectors are working and replace batteries if needed.
7. Seek Expert Advice
If you’re unsure about any aspect of your heating system or if it’s been a while since a professional has inspected it, don’t hesitate to call AAA Calvert. Their commitment to customer service and expertise ensures you’re in good hands.
Give AAA Calvert a Call Today!
Don’t wait for the cold to creep in. Contact AAA Calvert today at (562) 429-1546 to request a quote and ensure your heater is fall-ready. Remember, a well-maintained heating system not only keeps you warm but also operates more efficiently, saving you money in the long run.